Sunday, January 4, 2015

I'm Thankful for... Unseen Early Morning Hours

Suddenly wide awake, I stare at the clock. Two hours before I officially have to rise and shine (okay, the shining is optional). That's not too bad. I stare up at the ceiling. "If you don't get back to sleep, you'll be dead tired in the morning," I warn myself. Myself doesn't listen. I toss and turn. Time passes. I peek at the clock again. Okay, if you go to sleep RIGHT  NOW, you'll get an hour... 45 minutes... 30... I finally fall asleep about ten minutes before the alarm rings.
See! I told you you'd be dead tired.
Today (through sleep deprived, bleary eyes) I'm thankful for those unseen early morning hours, the ones I don't see because I"m blissfully asleep. Maybe it's a sign of old age that I'm thankful for sleep. So be it. I'll not worry about that the next 3:00 am when I'm snuggled down in blissful slumber.

"Keep reading and dreaming"

God bless,
Susan

No comments: