Saturday, January 17, 2015

Guest Poet: Howard F. Stein

Little did I know when I first shared Howard's poem on my blog, that I'd have the privilege of reading this poem and the launch for his new book, Light and Shadow

Where: Higher Grounds Coffee Company
5814 NW 63rd St, Warr Acres

When: September 15, 2016
7:00 pm

Come join me in celebrating a wonderful poet!

Winter Arrives       HF Stein  

Winter declared itself today
with rude finality.
Relentless cold rain and wind
tore the last reluctant leaves
from scrawny scrub oak.
Bare branches cut spectral figures
against the gray, bone-chilling afternoon.

Heedless of any calendar,
winter stole the stage.
“I arrive when I please,”
winter decreed to its shivering audience,
who put on their heavy coats
and left the theater
for biting wind, howling trees,
and a perilous trip home.

It was a simple matter
of who was sovereign
and who was subject.
Howard, thank you so much for letting me share your poem!
Check out more of Howard's writing on Amazon.
"Keep reading and dreaming"
God bless,
Susan

No comments: