Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Books




Christmas is a time of sharing, and what better to share than books? Here's one of my favorites for kids:


Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry.

 What happens when your Christmas tree is too tall?  You saw off the top! And in doing so, inadvertently give another little creature the tree they've always wanted... soon, all the little animals have a Christmas tree just like Mr. Willowby's! 


 And now, one of my favorites for adults:

The Christmas Bus by Melody Carlson

Some of the best things at Christmas happen when nothing goes to plan. Especially, if you run the Shepherd's Inn in a place called Christmas Valley. I love eccentric characters and this charming tale is full of them. This includes a young couple who show up on the doorstep of the inn, pregnant, with no place to go. Only instead of arriving on a donkey, they arrive in a bus, a big, colorful bus.

Happy Reading!


"Keep reading and dreaming"

God Bless,
Susan

1 comment:

denainspired.com said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for books for my grandson. I also read the Christmas Bus and thought it was a good read.