Monday, April 30, 2012

Writers Rule


Okay, President Obama doesn't know who I am. Heck, the mayor of the small town I live in wouldn't know me if he saw me walking down the street.
But in my head, I'm queen. I not only create, but I decree. (cue manic laugh) Seriously, before you fetch the men in the little white coats, I think all writers have to have a streak of ego running through their veins. It's that little bit of "what I could do if I ruled the world" that calls us to invent fictional worlds. And the better at inventing, the better the story.
I'd better go, my subjects are getting restless and demanding I finish their stories.



"Keep reading and dreaming"
God Bless,
Susan

3 comments:

Dani Duck said...

All hail Queen Susan!

Mirka Breen said...

We rule until the contracted manuscript's editor comes in. Then we have to keep saying (under our breath) that we rule...
My experiences have been fabulous. But I keep hearing from writing friends that their reign gets challenged.

inluvwithwords said...

At least someone listens to us.