Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quickie Interview: Annie Stegg

Where do you live? North Georgia

How did you get started drawing? I've been drawing since as far back as I can remember. I started as soon as I was able to hold a pencil in my hand!

What were some of your artistic inspirations? My father and my grandparents are artists, so they had a large influence in my life, creatively. I also look up to illustrators such as Brian Froud, and classical painters like Bouguereau.

What is your favorite place to work? Once I have decided on a piece and really get into it, my favorite place to work is at home in my studio. It's nice to be able to shut myself away from the world and just put all of my concentration into a piece. For field study and inspiration, however, my favorite place is outdoors and especially on the beach. Nothing beats the sound of the ocean and a canvas!

What are you working on now? I have an art/tutorial book coming out in August, called "Memories".

Do you have a website? What is the URL? Yep! Its http://www.anniestegg.com

Do you have a favorite quote? “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see" - Edger Degas




"Keep reading and dreaming"

God Bless,

Susan


2 comments:

Buy domain India said...

I like your drawing. You had answered very well. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

I love Annie Stegg and her outwork ^_^. I can't wait to receive my art book :)

Sandy