Sunday, September 19, 2010

Quickie Interview: Anne Marie Pace


Where do you live?

I've never lived anywhere but Virginia, although my husband and I have a plan to move somewhere like Minneapolis or Austin for a couple of years after the children are all out of school to expand my horizons. Luckily I grew up inside the Washington DC beltway, so even though I never lived anyplace else, new people came to me every four years.

What was your last work published?

My picture book NEVER EVER TALK TO STRANGERS, illustrated by Guy Francis, came out this September from the Firefly Club of Scholastic Book Clubs.

What is your next work coming out?

With a group of other writers, I publish The 4:00 Book Hook, a free monthly email newsletter about sharing books with kids, so I have something coming out every single month.

What are you reading?

I'm on a spirituality kick right now so I'm reading a lot of adult nonfiction about religion. Regarding kidlit, I have a pile of ARCs on my bedside table from ALA which I'm gradually working my way through. I loved Deborah Wiles' COUNTDOWN and Cynthia Lord's TOUCH BLUE.

Where is your favorite place to snuggle down and read?

I like to read in bed. I've always dreamed of having an attic reading nook with tons of pillows, a big window, and a slanted roof, but that'll have to happen in another house--maybe in Minneapolis!

Do you have a website?

Yup.

What is the URL?

http://www.annemariepace.com

Do you have a favorite quote?

I usually tape a quote on my computer while I'm drafting a new novel. The one I have right now is from a friend. A past one is Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist. Jane Smiley




"Keep reading and dreaming"

God bless,
Susan

1 comment:

Kathy Erskine said...

Anne Marie, like most of us, also has lots of works in the making -- hope to see those, soon, too!