Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quickie Interview: Donna Gephart


Where do you live? I live in sunny Florida.

What was your last book published? HOW TO SURVIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL is my newest book. Here's a fun singing hamster video we made to celebrate the book's release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YUjbtKdmXs.

What is your next work coming out? OLIVIA BEAN, TRIVIA QUEEN, about a girl who's obsessed with getting on the TV quiz show, Jeopardy!, will be my next middle grade novel released from Delacorte Press/Random House.

What are you reading? I'm always reading a bazillion books at once, or at least it feels like that. Alligator Bayou by the amazing Donna Jo Napoli is my current bedside read. Then, to keep with that New Orleans theme, I'm going to settle down with Dave Egger's Zeitoun. I will read any time, any place (except the shower; it makes the pages squishy).

Do you have a website? Check out my site at www.donnagephart.com and my blog at www.donnagephart.blogspot.com.

What is your favorite quote? Here's my favorite quote: "Outside a dog, a book is your best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. " Groucho Marx



"Keep reading and dreaming"

God Bless,
Susan

1 comment:

Wild About Words said...

Thanks, Susan! The interview was great fun!
Donna