Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quickie Interview: Blythe Woolston

Where do you live?
I live in Billings, Montana. There are sandstone rims around the city that are the remains of beaches from a great in-land sea. Sometimes I imagine prehistoric sharks are swimming around town.

What was your last work published?
My first novel, The Freak Observer, was released August 1st.

What is your next work coming out?
If everything works out, another realistic YA should appear next year.

What are you reading?
I'm reading four things right now:
Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey, which is an urban fantasy set in New Zealand.
A Love Story Starring my Dead Best Friend by Emily Horner, which is a contemporary realistic YA.
Coins, Bodies, Games and Gold by Leslie Kurke, which is nonfiction about the imaginary in ancient Greece.
Dead Ringers by Shehzad Nadeem, which is nonfiction about workers in Indian who are expected to mimic Americans--accents, pop culture, etc.
As an indexer, I read a lot of nonfiction.

Where is your favorite place to snuggle down and read?
I have a ugly orange chair that fits me perfectly, but I read everywhere. When I was a kid I learned to walk and read at the same time so I wouldn't "waste" the time I spent walking to the bus stop.

Do you have a website?
Yes.

What is the URL?
www.blythewoolston.com

Do you have a favorite quote?
"Offer your experience as your truth." (Pauline Oliveros via U. K. LeGuin)
It reminds me to respect the truth of others. That is important to me.





"Keep reading and dreaming"

God bless,
Susan

No comments: