Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th! Does that cause a shiver up and down your spine? Do you believe it's a unlucky day?
The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia. Wow! My fear is someone will ask me how to say that!
Funny thing is, if someone hadn't pointed out the day and date to me, I'd have gone about my life in ignorant bliss. So... now that I know, what does it change? Does the knowledge change how the day will affect me?
Some facts for fun thoughts:
1. The Olsen Twins were born on a Friday the 13th. A sign for or against the superstition? Guess that depends on how you feel about them:-)
2. Aug. 13th 1999 (a Friday) would have been Alfred Hitchcock's 100th birthday. Seems fitting to me!
3.As many as 21 million people in the United States are fearful of Friday the 13th, according to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, N.C., which estimates that $800 million to $900 million is lost in business every Friday the 13th because of fears of the doomed day. (Yahoo News)

It sounds to me that people are making their own bad or good luck. What do you think?




"Keep reading and dreaming" (and have a great Friday the 13th)

God Bless,
Susan

No comments: