Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quickie Interview: Denise Rodgers


Where do you live?
I live in suburban Detroit, which is not at all as horrible as it sounds. : ) It is a quiet, safe neighborhood, with tree-lined streets and sidewalks, where I walk my two dogs daily.

What was your last work published?
"Great Lakes Rhythm and Rhyme," a collection of poetry about Michigan and the Great Lakes states, was published in 2003 by River Road Publications, Inc.

What is your next work coming out?
While I've written many collections since then, none have been in print. However, I've been working on my web sites (see below), as well as on other projects.

What are you reading?
Currently, I'm reading one of David Sedaris' memoirs. Prior to that, I'd been reading one after another of Earlene Fowler's Benni Harper mysteries. Before that, I was into Janet Evonovich for a while.

Where is your favorite place to snuggle down and read?
When our youngest son married and moved out in October 2008, we converted his room into what my husband calls our "Man Cave." Despite the name, I spend more time in it than he does, snuggled with our dogs, reading and writing in my journal.

Do you have a website?
I have several web sites. The two that are related to children's literature are www.ThePoetryLady.com and www.Funny-Poems-for-Free.com.

Do you have a favorite quote?
I know I've seen him say it, so it must be in one of his movies. In it, Woody Allen says, "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it." Initially funny, then it makes you think. I like that.







"Keep reading and dreaming"

God bless,
Susan


No comments: