Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quickie Interview: Amy Dee Stephens



Where do you live?

I live in a brick house with my husband, Michael, in Edmond, OK. My gardening hobby has taken over the front yard. My neighbors may despair that I don’t have a traditional cut-lawn yard, because sometimes wildflowers look gangly.


What was your last work published?

Article: “Elephant Babies Require a “Ton” of Waiting!” Winter 2009, ZooSounds.

Article: “21,343 Hours!” (Volunteering at the zoo), Winter, 2009, ZooSounds.



What is your next work coming out?

Article: “Carolyn Hart; Oklahoma’s Agatha Christie,” Dec 2009 Distinctly Oklahoma.

Article: “Five Women Who Mean Big Business,” Dec 2009 Distinctly Oklahoma.



What are you reading?

Three genres right now:

For profession development, I’m reading several books about how to write humor, such as How to Write Funny by Katchuba. As suspected, it’s like writing “voice,” some people do it naturally and no one can pinpoint the process. (I hope I have a little natural ability!).



For the young adult novel I’m about to start, I’m doing some presidential research in Lincoln Through the Lens by Sandler.



For fun, I’m reading a young adult book about a girl pirate called Under the Jolly Roger by L.A. Meyer (good last name, huh?)



Where is your favorite place to snuggle down and read?

I can get lost in reading anywhere! However, with the approach of winter, I do love reading on the red loveseat by the fireplace.



Do you have a website?

Not yet—but almost. It’s in the works.



Do you have a favorite quote?

“When I take a breath, I breathe time instead of air.” (Susan Katz from her book Mrs. Brown on Exhibit and Other Museum Poem) and the “Do not worry about anything…” verse from Phillipians 4:6.

No comments: