Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Road Less Traveled

Don't forget that the road less traveled isn't necessarily the pathway least trod. It can simply be a road new to you, an adventure all your own.
Today I drove home from my parent's house in a direction I hadn't traveled in years. It was so much fun to see how much it had changed (and in many ways stayed the same). Others drive that stretch everyday. But for me, it was the road less traveled. It even felt a little naughty to be somewhere no one expected me to be.
Only I knew where on this earth I was and that felt freeing. Of course, halfway through belting out Space Cowboy with the radio, my son called me on my cell. It broke the lone traveler illusion for a moment, but soon I was back to singing along with only the cows to hear.
Take your road less traveled. See something new. Try a different restaurant, visit a town you've always wanted to see. Take that left instead of the right!



"Keep reading and dreaming"

God bless,
Susan

No comments: