Monday, August 3, 2009

Encouragement

Someone once said that his favorite passage in the Bible was anywhere it said, "And it came to pass..." Because if he'd ever opened his Bible and it said, "And it came to stay" he would have given up.
I laughed when I first read this. But then I thought about it. Life can really hurt sometimes. And the thing that gets me through is that trouble always comes to pass. I can handle anything as long as I know it's not going to stay. Illness, death, betrayal... they sometimes surround us until we can't breath. But if we don't surrender, if we keep walking the path, we will leave them behind. Troubles are a part of our life, but they are not our life. Don't let them define you.



"Keep reading and dreaming"

God Bless,
Susan


MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

~Sandy~ said...

Great post. You are right. Thanks for sharing.

Grami's girls said...

That is an interesting thought..and I like it...

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great post...Thanks for the encouragement.....I enjoyed your blog....

Comfort Joy Designs said...

Hey, hoppin' by to encourage you today! I've got a button for you at my blog http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2009/08/mcklinky-blog-hop-encouragement.html

Blessings,
Deborah

comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

browncouchevents.blogspot.com