Thursday, June 4, 2009

Quickie Interview: Virginia Grenier


Where do you live? I live in Southern Utah about two hours north of Las Vegas. I don't live the snowy parts of Utah even though we do get a bit of snow in late winter. I'm more in the desert part of Utah, so it's really hot in the summer, over 100 degrees sometimes. I get a lot of writing done on those days in my cool air-conditioned office.

What was your last work published? Babysitting SugarPaw, a picture book for ages 4 to 8, published by Halo Publishing. The book releases July 2009, but you can preorder Babysitting SugarPaw now at Stories for Children Magazine (http:/storiesforchildrenmagazine.org) or at Amazon. com

What is your next work coming out? Currently, I'm working on the 2nd "Best of" anthology by Stories for Children Magazine. This is a collection of the best titles published in 2008 by Stories for Children Magazine and the SFC Readers' personal favorites from 2008. This is anthology is double the size of our 1st anthology available on Amazon.com

What are you reading? I'm not reading any books right now. I did just finish reading the last book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

Where is your favorite place to snuggle down and read? My bed. After a long day in an office chair, a nice soft bed is the place to be. Especially my bed. I have what most girls would call a "Princess Bed". I have a memory form pillow top mattress, a feather bed topper, down pillows, and satin sheets. It's divine after a long day of writing to cuddle us and read in my bed.

Do you have a website? I have a few websites actually. My author website is http://vsgrenier.com, you can find Stories for Children Magazine at http://storiesforchildrenmagazine.org, and lastly, there is Stories for Children Publishing the parent company website at http://storiesforchildrenpublishing.com

I have some different social network sites I'm on like FaceBook, MySpace, and Twitter.

Do you have a favorite quote? You know I don't. There are many quotes I like which I sure each month in my newsletter, SFC Newsletter for Writers. The most recent quote I shared with my subscribers was:

My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. ~A.A. Milne

I liked this quote because I was one of the worst spellers in school growing up. Funny I'm a writer and editor now. LOL. I guess anyone who has the talent to write should . . . even if his or her spelling is not perfect and tends to wobble.




"Keep reading and dreaming!"

God Bless,
Susan








2 comments:

Donna M. McDine said...

Hi: Terrific interview of VS Grenier! Congratulations on your debut picture book.

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine

Children’s Author

Write What Inspires You Blog
Donna M. McDine’s Website

Stephen said...

Fun interview; I am looking forward reading Anthology volume 2