Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quickie Interview: CJ Heck


Where do you live? DuBois, PA

What was your last work published? Several children's poems, mostly in textbooks ...

“Crying”, in primary/middle school textbook, Oxford University Press, New Delhi India, 2009.
“Help, Monster!”, “Mr. Caterpillar”, “Bumble Bee” (poems), in Cambridge Express Students Book 2, Cambridge University Press India Pvt. Ltd., Daryaganj New Delhi India, 2009.
"The Birthday Wall", to be in study guide The Key, Curriculum for Reading, State of Arkansas, grade 3 level for Reading Comprehension testing, Castle Rock Research, Alberta Canada, 2008.
"The Money Tree", to be in textbook, "Money", as part of Boldprint Series for struggling and at-risk students. Rubicon Publishing Inc., Oakville, ON, Canada.

What is your next work coming out? I'm working like crazy, trying to get more works "out there" and busy trying to get a second and third book of poetry published.

What are you reading? "The Choice", by Nicholas Sparks

Where is your favorite place to snuggle down and read? In a comfy chair out on my front porch in the summer, or rolled up in a warm afghan on my couch in the winter.

Do you have a website? Yes, I sure do.

What is the URL? http://www.barkingspiderspoetry.com

Do you have a favorite quote? From me, you mean? I have one that I put on my bookmarks that I wrote. "May you always see the world through the eyes of a child".

My favorite writer's quote is from Anais Nin ... "The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say."

My favorite personal quote:

"Tears on the outside

fall on the ground
and are slowly swept away.

Tears on the inside

fall on the soul
and stay,

and stay,

and stay.


~Anonymous




"Keep reading and dreaming"

God Bless,
Susan

No comments: